What We Do
Ambulatory Healthcare Strategies, LLC is one of the nation’s leading regulatory and financial consulting organizations for the Ambulatory Surgery (ASC) and Office-Based Surgery industry. John Goehle and his team of regulatory and financial experts provide a wide range of outsourced services to meet the administrative, regulatory and financial needs of your organization. AHS provides “oversight” services and is not a management company, but we provide many of the same services that a traditional management company provides. Our costs are a fraction of what a management company charges and we don’t take ownership. Most of our fees are on a retainer basis with a fixed monthly fee.
Ambulatory Healthcare Strategies provides a unique business model – totally focused on what your organization’s needs – not on a “cookie cutter” approach to outsourced services. Our business model provides a variety of outsourced service offerings ranging from one-time consulting services up to on-going retainer-based oversight services. Most importantly, our service is personal, professional and timely.
Our monthly fixed retainer-based Regulatory & Accreditation Oversight and Financial Oversight Services are unique to the industry and can often replace existing management company services for a fraction of the cost.
Our Consulting Services include:
- Responding to State, CMS and Accreditation Surveys (Plan of Correction, Mitigation of Citations, Crisis Management)
- Interim Administrator/Clinical Management Services
- Accreditation and CMS Survey Preparation and Mock Surveys
- Financial Projections and Feasibility Studies
- Policy & Procedure Review and Updates and Maintenance Services
- Business Office, Billing System and Billing Service Reviews
Monthly Retainer Services:
Our Services are geared specifically to the needs of your organization and the monthly fixed retainer fee is based on the services that you request. We do not require long-term contracts and our low overhead assures our fees are considerably less than the same services provided by a management company.
Our monthly retainers can include:
- Maintenance of your Policy and Procedure Manual
- Oversight of your QI Program
- Attendance at your Committee and Governing Body Meetings and preparation of the agenda and minutes
- Preparation and management of your organizations strategic plan and goals and objectives
- Preparation of Monthly and Quarterly Financial Statements
- Assistance in preparing QI Studies
- State and Federal Reporting
- On-site training and education
- Preparation of budgets and financial projections
- Assistance in ownership transfers and recruitment
- Negotiations of Contracts
- Credentialing and Employee File oversight and electronic file maintenance
- Attendance at Surveys and preparation for upcoming surveys, followup after surveys
All retainers include:
- Access to our educational programs
- Annual Mock Survey for compliance with CMS Conditions for Coverage
- On-going text, email and phone access to our staff 24/7.
John Goehle is one of the nation’s leading Ambulatory Surgery Center experts. He has written eight books on the industry, including “The Survey Guide for ASCs – A Guide to the CMS Conditions for Coverage and Interpretive Guidelines for Ambulatory Surgery Centers”. He is also a frequent speaker at ASC Conferences. For more information or to request a confidential consultation, please contact him at 585-594-1167 or by email.
Ambulatory Surgery Center Publications
Ambulatory Surgery Center administrators are faced on a daily basis with assuring that their facility complies with a wide-range of rules, regulations and standards. Now through a series of new books, by John Goehle, Administrators can keep current with the most current regulations.
To see more information about books currently available, visit our bookstore.